Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Loft love.

In the last week, Apartment Therapy has had a whole bunch of winners for me. In particular, I am just smitten with these two spaces. Both are open plan loft (well, one is more loft-like) home. I am loving the flowing space, the openness and the great use of storage as a statement piece.


This apartment is in Chicago.


I love the little wood cutout of the state of Illinois on the island.

I am so thoroughly jealous of all that gorgeous light.  The whole place just seems like a place I want to be.  Let's just say that I would have a very hard time finding reason to leave the apartment if I lived here.

This next house was actually built as a church.  It is such an incredible use of space.  The whole thing is one flowing permanent piece of furniture with library bookcases seamlessly becoming kitchen countertops.  This house is where I want to live when I grow up.  I want to be the person that's cool enough to live in a place like this.  Just look at the pictures, you'll see.





Come on!  I told you so.  And yes, someday I will have that many books and a pool table.  That will be a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment