Friday, March 5, 2010

Half-Year

Today is March 5th, 2010.  Exactly six months from today, I will put on a white dress, walk out in front of my friends and family and promise myself to the love of my life.  I'm not sure what to say here.  I was planning a lovely technical recap of my to-do list, both checked off and still pending.  But I started with that sentence, and now all I want to do is wax poetic about the man who will be my husband.


He is the one that lets me be myself just a little bit better.  We leave each other notes in suitcases and purses when we part.  Tonight we made dinner together and folded laundry and honestly, it was great.  He rubs my back when I'm sore and tells me he loves me.  He smells so good, smells like home.  In the quiet moments, it pops into my head that we're getting married and I giggle like a child.  He smiles at me.  And six months from today, we'll smile at each other as I walk towards him.  We'll laugh, and in all likelihood, we'll cry.  We'll be honest and heartfelt.  I will try, like I always do, to find the right combination of words, to truly convey to him just how much I love this man.  It won't matter that I'll have an audience.  I won't get it quite right, but that's ok.  Isn't the point of marriage committing yourself to a lifetime of trying to explain to your person just how much you love them?

I guess the checklist waits until tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Love (1 million)

    That was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Ari came home today and asked me if I wanted to go out for our un-niversary. We are nerds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what lovely words :) definitely caused me to tear a little. You guys are so cute :D

    ReplyDelete