Saturday, August 21, 2010

putting the knits back into mcgee

Considering my name, there's not much knitting content on this blog.  However, thought I'd throw some in here, just for fun.  I can across this font two days ago, that has all the fabric care symbols.  So, if you knit, crochet, sew or anything else fiber related, this is for you. 

I said tumble dry low!
Go here to download the font "Notice 3" (heads up, the site is in Russian, use google translator for the page if that freaks you out!).  It is the fifth paragraph down, the top link of the two in that group.  Now, I must admit, I have no idea how to install a font on a PC, so if you're not a Mac, you're on your own.  However, if you are using a Mac, once the download is complete, open the zip file (font_notice3.zip) in your downloads file by double clicking.  Then open the file Notice3Std.otf the same way.  This will open a program called "Font Book."  Just click the "Install Font" button at the bottom right.  Et voila!  Next time you're putting together a cute little tag for those socks you're gifting to Uncle John, you can put the real care symbols on, easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment